Apply for QUEST Enrollment
1 How to Apply for Kaiser Permanente QUEST Integration Health Plan
Kaiser Permanente participates in QUEST Integration for those who live on Oahu or Maui. Once you qualify for QUEST (Hawaii Medicaid) through the State of Hawaii, Department of Human Services, Med-QUEST Division, you’ll need to apply for health coverage. When applying, be sure to choose Kaiser Permanente.
There are 3 ways to apply for QUEST Integration Health Plan:
- By phone: Call 877-628-5076 or TTY 711. Tell the representative that you choose the Kaiser Permanente health plan.
- By written application: See below on how to request an application. Once you get the application, you will need to write at the top of each page of Step 5 (Your Family’s Health Coverage pages) and Step 6 (Signature page) of the application that “I request Kaiser Permanente.” Completed applications may be mailed, faxed, or hand-delivered to any Med-QUEST office.
- Online application: If you apply online at mybenefits.hawaii.gov, you will be automatically enrolled into a health plan that may not be Kaiser Permanente. If that happens, and you want to change to Kaiser Permanente, you must inform Med-QUEST Customer Service of your health plan choice within 15 days of the date of your enrollment choice notice. The new health plan will start on the first day of the following month. Until then, you’ll stay with the health plan you were assigned.
Med-QUEST Customer Services Call Center at:
Oahu: 808-524-3370 or TTY / TDD 808-692-7182
Maui: 1-800-316-8005 or TTY / TDD 1-800-603-1201
To request an application:
- You may call the State’s Med-QUEST Division Eligibility Office and ask for a QUEST Integration application form.
- On Oahu, call 808-587-3521 or 808-587-3540.
- On Maui, call 808-243-5780.
- You may also find the application at the State’s Med-QUEST Integration website: www.mybenefits.hawaii.gov
What you may need to apply:
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for any legal immigrants who need insurance).
- Employer and income information for everyone in your family (for example, from pay stubs, W-2 forms, or wage and tax statements).
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance.
- Information about any job-related health insurance available to your family.
If you have questions about Kaiser Permanente QUEST Integration health plan, call us at 1-800-651-2237 (toll free)
1Kaiser Permanente is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Kaiser Permanente depends on contract renewal. You must reside in the Kaiser Permanente health plan service area in which you enroll.